The leading provider of online Equine Study programs worldwide.
Competitive Longe Line
Course Description and Outline:
Competitive longe line is one of the fastest growing competitions in the horse show world. It combines the elements of a conformation class with the disciplined movement of rail performance, showing off the horse's grace and athleticism at the walk, jog and lope. Gord Wadds, trainer of world champion competitive longe line horses, takes you step by step through the training process and on to the show ring, with special "insider" tips and tricks to give you the winning edge. This course provides an excellent foundation for any horse which will go on to rail performance.
Chosing the Prospect
• The Training Location/Round Pen
• Lay a Solid Training Foundation
- Basic Halter Training
The First Training Sessions
• Teaching the Yearling How to Longe
• The Perfect Circle
• Horse Training "Game Plan"
Following the "Game Plan"
• Teaching the Trot
• Teaching the Lope
• Teaching the Reverse
Moving Out of the Round Pen
• The Inside Track
• Preparing for the Conformation and Soundness Exam
- Squaring the Horse
- The Pattern
At the Show
- Tail Extensions
- Braiding and Banding
- Final Pre-Class Touch-ups
The Competitive Longe Line requires a horse (preferably a yearling prospect). The student must be able to make videos and submit them for review. The instructor, Gordon Wadds, requests they be loaded to an online web hosting site such as YouTube or Photobucket and the link sent to him.
• Start any program at anytime - no waiting for a semester to begin
• Work at your own pace - you will not be "locked out" if you do not complete the course
within a specific time.
• Work one-on-one with your instructor
• You can take just one course.
For more information Click Here.